Divorce is often one of the hardest times of an Athens area resident. When children are involved in a relationship, there are many additional items that need to be worked through. Parents want to put their children’s needs first and a divorce settlement and parenting plan can be a good way to have this down in writing. A parenting plan is an important part of a divorce settlement and spells out many crucial subjects parents need to agree on. These should include:
- Schedules for parent time, including weekends
- Holidays schedule, such as Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, etc.
- Winter break
- Spring break
- Summer break plans
- Vacations to take with each parent
- Birthdays for both kids and parents
- Overnight stays for both parents
- Childcare arrangements
- Vaccination schedule
- Religion and religion classes
- Any internet use restrictions
- Sports and other extracurricular activities
A legal professional who is skilled in divorce can help you draft a parenting plan that is in the best interests of your children and meets your needs as a parent. An attorney understands that you are going through a tough time in both your relationship with your spouse and your children. They will help make sure the divorce settlement is fair for everyone involved. They can help with all aspects of a divorce including parenting plans, child custody arrangements, visitation, property division, business needs, etc. They always put their client’s needs front and center and will fight to make sure their client’s future is protected and that they are able to make a fresh start.